“Those wait on the Lord shall renew their strength…” Isaiah 40: 31
UPDATE – Most know that we were set to remodel our education space and expand our building with adult and youth education space and new offices the summer of 2020. And we had multiple volunteer teams coming in 2020, including the Chilton Baptist Builders. Of course, Covid-19 hit and we postponed the effort. Our reasoning was that a portion of our volunteers were not able to come, the economy was uncertain, and we needed to redirect some of our monies and energy to help folks in crisis. We sent money to our church partner in Belluno, Italy. We gave out over 6000 food boxes during the Pandemic. It was a great opportunity to share the love of Christ in our community.
We did finished our remodel of our education building in 2020. We added a bathroom and table/chair closet to the Community Room and added secure doors for children’s area. We used cash on hand from our building fund to do our remodel and it looks great! We completed our architectural drawing in 2020.
For a second time, we were set for our 6000 sq. ft. expansion to the summer of 2021 and the Chilton Builders were set to come! We voted to postpone the 2021 effort to the summer of 2022 due to economic uncertainty and the need to raise more capital in our building fund. We were able to connect the Chilton Builders with the Church of the Rescued and Redeemed right here in Cape Girardeau! Here’s the group that came in 2021:
Plans are continuing to move towards our expansion in the summer of 2022 at FCC! The expansion would allow us to dedicate our existing education space for a secure children’s area, expand our foyer, add improved office, youth and adult education space. Here is some basic information about the project so you can pray and give as the Lord leads you.
2022 Tentative Calendar:
June 17-24: The Chilton Baptist Builders have already committed to come in 2021!
In 2020, these groups were planning to come and volunteer at our church: The Chilton Baptist Builders; FBC Ewing, MO; FBC Tallahassee, FL; FBC Waterloo, IL; The Ridge Church Brookville, OH; FBC Pinson, AL; Faith Church, Auburn, MA; N. West Coast Builders Panama City, FL; N. Jefferson Baptist Association Mt. Olive, AL. Would you take a moment to thank the Lord for these groups who were committed to come the summer of 2020? Would you pray for other groups to follow the Chilton Builders next summer?
Finances (as of 12/5/2020):
- Estimated cost of project: TBD
- Estimated savings by volunteers teams: TBD
- Balance of estimated cost for the church: TBD
- Church budget and Building Fund gifts to date: $204,710.36
- Architect Expenses to Date: $64,209.50
- Remodel Expenses to Date: $63,548.07
- Expansion Expenses to Date: $0.00
- Building Fund Balance to Date (as of 11/14/2021): $76,952.79
- Construction Loan Balance: $0.00
- Building gifts can be made to https://pushpay.com/g/fruitlandcommunity?src=hpp
- Building gifts can also be mailed to Fruitland Community Church, 6040 Hwy 61, Jackson, MO 63755
Tools Needed for the week of Chilton Builders (June 2022):
- 4/ 8’ step ladders
- 4/6’ step ladders
- 2/ 14’ heavy duty extension ladders
- 2 sets of 8’ tall baker scaffolds
- 3 sets of 6’ tall baker scaffolds
- 2/ 20’ aluminum scaffold boards
- 12 sets of 4’ or 5’ brick mason type scaffolds with cross pieces not the one with the wall they open style
- 24 braces for these scaffolds & 8 casters for these with 6 aluminum clip on scaffold boards
- All terrain lull for exterior
- Scissor lift for interior work—- trusses, electrical etc
Prayer Requests for the Building:
- Pray for the finances of this project
- Pray for volunteers to be raised up for the summer of 2022
- Pray for coordination of volunteers and materials
- Pray for timely delivery of materials
- Pray for safe and travel and safety on-site for our volunteers
As the Chilton Builders have taught us to say: “God is Able!!”